Congratulations on booking your wedding day at Crow River Winery! We can’t wait to celebrate with you. As you begin to plan, use this page as a reference for helpful tips, planning timeline, and more. Have questions? Email Events@CrowRiverWinery.com.
Venue Planning Timeline
You booked your wedding date, so what’s next?
TASTING THE MENU & WINE
A menu tasting event is held twice a year. You will receive invitations to these events and can attend one of them. During the event you’ll have the opportunity to taste a selection of Chef Craig’s Catering menu selections, as well as CRW’s best wines. Review the catering menu requirements to help you decide your style of dinner service and menu.
SIX MONTHS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– Your next deposit is due. Reference page one of your contract for the specific amount and due date. Learn more about making payments.
– Review your contract as you plan your timeline, décor, and vendors. CRW does not provide coordination services on the day of your event so be sure to hire a wedding planner if you need the extra expertise!
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– Fill out the Wedding Planning Form (below). This is due no later than three months before your wedding date. Event staff will use your response to create a BEO profile (banquet event order) which details your timeline, beverages, setup, and catering. You’ll receive a copy of the BEO profile, as well as a preliminary estimate of your event. Most details can be edited until three week prior to your wedding.
1-3 MONTHS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– Schedule your optional walk-through with CRW event staff. This can be scheduled after you complete the Wedding Planning Form. Use this time to make decisions still left open on your BEO profile and ask any last questions.
21 DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– Your final decisions on the BEO profile are due.
– Your final guest count is due.
– Your meal choices per guest count (if applicable) are due.
– You’ll receive the final copy of both the BEO profile and invoice.
14 DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– The payment on the final invoice is due.
– Your slideshow / video (if applicable) is due. Provide this on a USB drive or share it over the cloud with Events@CrowRiverWinery.com.
– If you plan on plated meal service, the following items are due: A sample of your place cards, a diagram of how many of each entrée per table. Details on the place cards and diagram requirements are found here.
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
– Your final decision to host your ceremony outdoors or indoors is due by 4PM (if applicable). The decision is final.
Your WEDDING DAY is here!!!
– Access to the venue starts at 11:00AM. Vendors and decorator may arrive at 11:00AM or later. Your bartenders arrive one hour prior to guest arrival but bar service does not open until the social hour start time listed on your BEO profile.
– All belongings, including décor and food, must be removed from the building on the night of your event. Any leftover items will be disposed of the next day.
– Cars must be removed from the parking lot by 11:00AM the day after your event.
– Post wedding: The event staff will reach out with a final bill of any charges incurred, if any, on the wedding day. (Incurred fees could include fines or damages. See your contract for a list of charges that could be incurred.)
Wedding Planning Form
- Crow River Winery property map – Share with your wedding party or guests so they know where to park (Event Parking Lot) or where to enter the building (Great Hall Entrance). Need a smaller version of the map? This one is 5×7!
- Catering Menu Requirements – This details the items required for buffet and plated meal service. It will help you decide which style menu is right for you and guide you in the items you may need to create for your event.
- For your guests: Information on visiting the winery! Share this link with your guests: CrowRiverWinery.com/guests
- COMING SOON – Place card templates for plated meals